Can I barbeque on the balcony? How will I act in disturbance situations? Where can I dust the rugs?

Suhde169 SATO Asukas Eerika nainen25 tervehdys

In cities and block houses people live close to each other. The atmosphere of your home building is affected quite a lot by how smoothly everyday life runs between the neighbors. Do keep in mind that you are also someone's neighbour, and take other residents into consideration.

Read the building rules and regulations

The Building Rules and Regulations are in force in all SATO buildings. Please make sure you read and follow them to make living with your neighbors serene and free from disputes.

General Building Rules and Regulations for SATO buildings »
Finnish / Järjestyssäännöt »
Swedish / Allmänna ordningsregler för SATOs hus »
Estonian / SATO ühistu kodukord »
Russian / Правила внутреннего распорядка в домах SATO »
Somali language / SATO Hannaanka xeerarka arrimaha degaanka »
Turkish / SATO Evlerin genel ev kuralları »
Arabic / SATO القواعد والنظم المشتركة لبيوت »
Farsi / SATO مقررات انضباطی عمومی ساختمان های ساتو »

The rules and regulations should be found also on the message board of your home building. If they are not there, please tell us for example via OmaSATO.

Peace in the building, and how to report disturbances

The quiet-time policy must be followed between 22:00 and 07:00, and this is when everyone's right to a peaceful night's sleep must be respected.

Do notify your neighbors well in advance if you are planning to have a party in your home or do something noisier than normal. Make sure you do not cause any unreasonable disturbance to your neighbors even when you notified them in advance.

If you experience disturbances in your home, we recommend acting like this:

  • Try to discuss with those concerned. Your neighbor may not necessarily know that their music or movie sounds can be heard so clearly next door.

  • If the neighbor does not change their behavior despite your discussion and if you are continuously disturbed, you can file a disturbance report on the basis of which SATO can take official measures to restore residential peace in the building.
    File a disturbance report in OmaSATO »

  • If the disturbance is serious and if it takes place during the quiet-time policy hours between 10 pm and 7 am in particular, please do not try to sort them out by yourself. Instead you should contact the Police to calm the situation down as soon as possible. It is very important for the police to also receive information about a possible crime as soon as possible. You can reach the police by calling 112.
    More information about the Finnish police »

Please take note that SATO does not automatically get informed by the police about the disturbances made streight to the police, and note that the general maintenance of order is ultimately the authorities' task.

SATO does not release the name or other information of the informant forward. However, if the disturbance is so severe that it leads to a police report, police and judiciary can require the information. Luckily the residential disturbance situations rarely escalate to that, and are usually resolved relatively easily.