Do I need a home insurance policy?

Under the terms and conditions of the lease agreement on your new home, you must have a valid comprehensive home insurance policy that includes both home and general liability insurance cover. You can take out the policy from the insurance company of your choice – it will offer you protection in the event of fire, water damage or theft.